Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Newbie blues...

First, let me brief you about the pre-eleventh grade days.

Woah! At long last, I could do all that I had planned to do after boards.

So, did I lose weight?- Nope (In fact, I gained a few kgs from eating out and sleeping lots)

So, did I learn something new?- Hell no, nothing at all. However, mum taught me the basics of driving a car. My first lesson involved, learning how to put the seat belt on. Whatever mum! On a serious note, I did learn about the functions of the clutch, brake and race. Being the curious kid I am, I asked "Ma, what if we press the race and brake together? " She warned me not to try that ever. Me: But, what if? Mum: BHAVNA!. End of discussion. I'm still wondering. If anyone of you has the answer to my question, please enlighten me!

So, did I watch any new movies?- Yup. I saw Meet the Spartans, Race and U, Me aur Hum. Loved them all !While, Meet the Spartans is an awesome spoof of 300 ( All respect for the movie, loved that one ), Race happens to be the only unpredictable Hindi movie I've seen. Enjoyed it. The third one had me in tears throughout. Beautiful story!

So, did I shop?- Oh yeah! From pretty ballerina shoes to adorable dresses. I bought myself some junk jewellery and a purse too! And not to mention, new glasses from FCUK. They cost mum about Rs.5000! Errmmmm.. So much for looking good!



However, the most satisfactory thing was that I got to spend time with most of my chummies!
Renewing ties with some great old friends was definitely the best thing. Love you all!



Now, about my first day in 11th grade..
Phew! It was one quirky day. My day kicked off with excruciating pain in my neck! I got up, regardless, dressed and left for school. On entering,I noticed some lists on the notice board for different sections. I went through all the lists, looking for my name... 1,2,3,4,5,6. Mummmyyy.

Dolts! How could they forget to put my name there?! So I searched for the teacher in charge, bugged her till she checked the records and gave me my section. Soo, after all that, I'm officially a Commerce student now. For those of you who are frowning now, it's just for you all that I took up this subject. Just to prove to all those people who consider Science students Gods and Commerce students freaks, that provided one works hard, a Commerce student can do equally well in life!

I need your blessings, grandma. I hope you're watching over your favourite brat, as she gets ready to travel yet another unbeaten path. Guide me,always. Leave me, never. I miss you so much.







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Bhavna. I am sure you are excited about driving. COOL.... Feel sorry for mom though. LOL!! I taught two sons and I know. It is just not a easy thing for a woman to do. But we all have to do it. So to your question if you press the brake and accelerator together you might break the gear itself. Gear is actually a pulley thing with a wire thing going over. So basically you will create a big tension which can break the wire. I will explain much better when I see you.
I see that you are having a great time. You should. This is the time to study and have fun.
About Mata ji I am sure you miss her. I do too. I loved her. She knows it. But this life is too long if you are suffering from some ailment. I am sure she has a better time with being in God's arms. Bhagwan unko bhahut shaanti dee.

Radhika Bedi said...

gud job babes.. so finally u started learning to drive.. hehe... my mom never taught me driving and i was lucky to have dad to teach me... they r way cooler and chill on tht... no offense mommys but whenever i sit with my mom to drive... i get tones of instructions...(like pa gets when he drives.. till date ).. n i hvnt tried the brakes and accelerator.. but i think.. u will screw the brakes .. big time if u did it .. n if u pushed on the gas too.. the car mite spin in circles..not sure.. jst guessing.. haha.. i cnt believe tht this never occurred to me when i learn't..
And ur watchin too many movies... im jealous of u ... i wish i had all tht time.. j/k and hve fun with 11th grade... its fun until the results r out.. and life gets a lil more serious :P

Anonymous said...

bhavna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we love you toooo......yayayyee!!!!
and we saw have to seee that horton movie....daym!!!!
and by the way your blogs reel hawt ...lol
but srsly i mean i reely lyk d way u have lyk expressed yourself nd lol ...i rellly reely lyk itt!!!!
*leeting out the literarry genius*
i cant wait...to read bhavna bhasins diary....ok wtv ..tht came from the bridget jones diary ...lol wateva.....
forget....
haha
newys luv ya tc..cya keep writin nd sendin me the link ...adios lub ya <3

Anonymous said...

saw = STILL haVe to****
LOL

Unknown said...

ok so now i noe tat others were goin thru smwht da same thing as i ws durin those 2 weeks!....nd ur vry ryt in sayin tat science nd commerce students r no diff. frm each other as both require a lot of hard work.. if science is tough then commerce is no better!
nd yah.....drivin..wow!!..u actly learnin tat! dis is so cool..i so wanna do da same..ol da best!
ab to milna bhi thoda kam hoga bcuz os tat stupid supw problem nd v ol will get busy wit r studies nd ol..but weneva ya post smthn new on ur blog,jst send me da link..i wud luv ta read it!
tc nd keep smilin owayz...

busy-writer said...

nicely written! nice flow of words, you have! :)
learnin to drive? wow...i've been wanting to do that ever since my 5th grade, till today havent gotten to do it!
and race? daamn, saif was so hawt! ;)
this post reminded me bout my after-boards-hols..i really think they're the best time of one's life. whole lotta goin outs, whole lotta pampering.. ah, bliss! :D

Bhavna said...

@Massi: I am definitely very excited about learning how to drive.And you feel sorry for mom?Jeez, I'm such an angel! :P

@Radhika :Mommy's will be mommy's!
And btw,I like the idea of the car spinning in circles! Might give it a try some day *winks*

@Manasi : I love you back girl!Thanks for everything! Miss you much..

@Deepa : I'd always be there for.. It doesn't matter if our SUPW periods don't coincide! We'll still hang out the way we used to!Cheers..

@Monika : Anunay told me about you. Read most of your posts too. Damn,you've got me hooked :)!
Thanks for visiting mine!

Anonymous said...

Hmm..... to answer your question, i dont really know. But here are my thoughts:

- Your brakes probably cant generate enough force to beat the engine, so the car will move forward but you will notice that the performance will go down. If you keep this up for long enough, your brake pads will get hot enough to set your tires and anything else near it on fire.

- If your brakes win the tug of war, some link in the transmission breaks, then the engine will get upto really high rpms and if you keep it up long enough, there should be an explosion!

- Your gears will wear out, you hear the noise and stop the car so nothing dramatic happens but wait till your parents find out about it :P


Anyway, enough rambling....great blog!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.